This is a very critical step of the registration process: suppliers receive RFQs in line with the product portfolio set up in this tab.
To map the product portfolio of the company, proceed as follows:
- Select the first product line you support (for instance, if you supply pipes, choose "tubulars"; if you supply valves, choose "valves")
- After you select a product line, you can then select the product groups in the dropdown positioned underneath the product lines (so for instance if you selected the product line "valves", you will see the sub-product lines "gate-globe-check" / "ball" / "butterfly", etc.)
- Click on all the sub-product lines that you supply and add them to your portfolio (you can click on "Add all" if you supply any product group of the product line)
- For any product group that you have added to the portfolio you can then then specify:
- the dimensional range you supply. If you do not restrict the dimensional range, we assume you supply the full dimensional range of the product group
- the material grades you supply (by group: carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, superalloy steel, non ferrous, titanium, zirconium, etc to have a user friendly selection). If you do not specify any material group, we assume you supply the sub-product line in any material grade
- your delivery type: the two options are "new production" or "stock". This input is important, because we float RFQs with short delivery dates only to stock holders and not to manufacturers. "New production" is the default value.
- the origins of your goods: this is an important input as well, because buyers can restrict the accepted origins in their RFQs and we float RFQs accordingly. If you do not specify any value, we assume you supply products from any origin
As you have completed the first product line (example tubulars), you can move to the next product line (example fittings) and proceed as above to map this second product line.
We advise a precise map of your portfolio to maximize the efficiency of your sales and proposal team.